It’s not every day we get to be interviewed on a popular podcast! Our founder, Emily, was recently interviewed on Hashtag No Filter by Julie Lauren and the conversation is worth the listen! With the coronavirus pandemic, the events industry has made some huge pivots. We talked about what the event world looks like right now, unique ideas for hosting a celebration safely during COVID-19, and more.
Julie Lauren is a POWERHOUSE filled with career expertise. She’s an author, freelance writer, former fashion professional, and podcast host of “Hashtag No Filter with Julie Lauren.” She’s interviewed brand founders, bloggers, celebrity fitness trainers, and more.
Some highlights to look forward:
- Emily shares her origin story as an events professional starting with a marketing internship to moving forward with a full-on career in event design.
- ALL about the launch of Planned With, an idea that started in 2016.
- How people are postponing or pivoting into smaller events. Vendors are certainly hurting, and making necessary pivots to cater to at-home deliveries or smaller events when possible.
- Expect fun ideas for celebrating virtual events. From decor or party favors, Emily recommends creating a special kit for your virtual event. She shares her own experience planning a virtual graduation party for 25 new grads. Spoiler alert: there was even a DJ!
- Emily’s biggest learning lesson in starting her own business. (Listen in to hear it!)
Check out Emily’s interview with Julie on “Hashtag No Filter with Julie Lauren” and be sure to follow @byjulielauren on Instagram.